Annoyed with stretch marks? A stretch mark cream will rid it.
Stretch mark cream is a household name in removing hideous stretch marks left as a testament of motherhood. Nature had it that for every adorable born baby is a dreadful stretch mark. Until the topical treatment cream was introduced, stretch marks served as an inerasable skin problem for many women around the world. Find out how a stretch mark cream does its magic.
What is a Stretch Mark?
A stretch mark is a form of scar on the skin caused by severe stretching of the dermis. Its medical term is stria. The mark can be white, pink, or purple in color. The burrowed marks can also be felt as a bit rough on the fingertips. It usually appears on the abdomen near the navel, inner and outer thighs, hips, buttocks, back, upper arms, underarms, and breasts.
Rapid weight gain is the number one culprit in the overwhelming stretching of the skin. That explains why pregnant women are normal targets of stretch marks, which start to appear during the third trimester of pregnancy. Stretch marks are not exclusive to women. Men especially those in bodybuilding exercises also acquire stretch marks.
Moreover, stretch marks may appear as early during puberty age when a lot of hormonal changes occur. Apart from rapid increase in weight, the ugly marks can also be caused by hormonal deficiencies in the body. It prevents the production of collagen and elastin fibers that gives the skin optimum elasticity or the capacity to endure severe stretching.
Stretch marks do not pose serious physical health risk. It can, however, psychologically affect men and women, young and old alike, because the marks are embarrassing and self-limiting. People plagued with stretch marks are not only forced to deal with the situation doing uncomfortable ways to hide it but also become less confident.
Stretch Mark Prevention
Controlling weight gain can help one from developing stretch marks. Expectant moms, who cannot control rapid weight gain, are advised to apply pregnancy stretch mark cream even before the ugly marks appear. Pregnant women are also told not to scratch an itch on the skin to avoid getting any undesirable marks. Eating foods rich in vitamin E, on the other hand, can prevent stretch marks triggered by hormonal deficiencies.
Stretch Mark Treatment
Stretch mark cream is only one of the many effective treatments in eliminating those embarrassing skin marks. Below are the common ways to say bye-bye to stretch marks:
- Topical. Essential oils, cocoa butter, and creams proved effective dab-and-leave treatments for stretch marks. These contain active ingredients that can be easily absorbed by the skin to lessen the appearance of stretch marks.
- Laser. Light offers two stretch mark-annihilating procedures namely the Pulsed Dye Laser and the Fractional Laser Resurfacing. Pulsed Dye Laser improves skin pigmentation on the problem area so its color would even out making stretch marks less noticeable. Fractional Laser Resurfacing, on the other hand, creates microscopic wounds on the problem area that would stimulate the production of new collagen, which is essential in fighting stretch marks.
- Dermabrasion. It smoothens the rough stretch mark-infested area by manually creating abrasions on the upper layers of the skin.
- Surgery. Tummy tuck is a drastic procedure one can opt to. It surgically removes the whole skin usually below the navel where stretch marks appear.
The topical stretch mark cream serves as the most popular of the above-mentioned treatments. It is not only painless and easy to apply but also very affordable for most people. Stretch mark creams are also widely available that it can be easily purchased over the counter and over the Internet.
The Stretch Mark Cream
Stretch mark cream is a virtually magical treatment that can non-invasively heal stretch marks. What is the magic trick behind stretch mark creams? The secret is its ingredients. Most stretch mark cream brands contain ingredients that promote the production of collagen that is essential in making the skin more elastic and less prone to overwhelming and mark-causing stretching. A stretch mark cream usually contains vitamin E, collagen hydrolysates, panthenol, hyaluronic acid, and elastin that when absorbed by the skin lessens if not completely diminish the appearance of stretch marks.
Picking the Best Stretch Mark Cream
Picking the best stretch mark cream is as hard as getting the best cellulite cream. Hundreds of stretch mark cream brands have spawned in the market making it very hard to choose the best cream that would really get rid of stretch marks. Stretch mark creams can be a trial and error feat. One brand may be best for one person but not for the other. To narrow down your search, here are some common characteristics of the best stretch mark cream in the market.
- Brand. The best stretch mark cream should carry a top-rated brand in the market. Revitol stretch mark cream is one of the leading brands in the market today. The brand promises to reduce stretch marks in two to six weeks. It is also safe to purchase a stretch mark cream brand manufactured by a big company, which surely complies with all the health and safety regulations in product manufacturing. Do not buy from fly-by-night sellers or skin care companies.
- Ingredients. Read the labels and check if the stretch mark cream contains the right ingredients that stimulate collagen production. The best stretch mark cream does not contain harmful chemicals that may trigger allergic reactions. It is also the best if it contains all-natural ingredients that would not only get rid of stretch marks but would also leave the skin healthy and smooth.
- Reviews. The best stretch mark cream always dominates user’s reviews, which can be checked over the Internet and top beauty and lifestyle magazines. It covers not only feedbacks from ordinary users but also opinions of skin care experts.
Stretch cream can put an end to annoying and embarrassing stretch marks. The topical treatment, however, may not give the quickest results. Patience and diligence in regularly applying the treatment are therefore required in using stretch mark cream. Most of all, keeping healthy diet would best complement the use of stretch mark cream to achieve a totally stretch mark-free skin.