Although less discussed, hair loss is not uncommon in women. The problem is that women tend to be more embarrassed when faced with this situation. There are a lot of causes attributed to hair loss in women. The most common one is vitamin deficiency. Other causes can include medical problems, childbirth, emotional trauma, and stress. However, the good news for every woman out there is that there are vitamins for hair growth that can possibly end, or at least limit, this problem. Read on and find out what these vitamins are and how you can take advantage of them for your hair growth goals.
A lot of people are making the mistake of getting shampoos and conditioners that promote hair growth for their hair loss problem. What they fail to realize is that hair grows from the inside out and not the other way around. Therefore, the better way to supply vitamins to your hair is by taking them orally.
There are a lot of over-the-counter drugs available these days that are designed to treat hair loss. These pills include necessary nutrients that promote hair growth including magnesium, vitamin C, amino acid, and B vitamins. All these vitamins can stimulate hair growth in women and can also prevent the onset of hair thinning or hair loss. These vitamins cost around 20 dollars to 80 dollars usually for a full month’s supply.
The good news for you is that most of the essential vitamins for hair growth can be taken from natural sources, in your daily diet. Check out these necessary vitamins for hair and where you can get them:
- Vitamin A. This is an essential nutrient that can strengthen hair by lubricating the roots, increase the volume of the hair, and moisturize it, too. Vitamin A can be found in eggs, green leafy vegetables, squash, carrots, and liver.
- Biotin. This is a B vitamin that can produce fats necessary for a healthy hair growth. It also prevents chances of premature hair graying. Foods containing Biotin include egg yolk, liver, kidney, yeast, and milk.
- Niacin. This promotes blood circulation to the scalp and it also helps in the production of natural hair oils. Niacin can also strengthen the hair roots necessary for the prevention of hair loss. Chicken, fish, turkey, and wheat germ are the main sources of Niacin.
- Inositol. This nutrient is known to prevent hair loss attributed to balding. You can find this nutrient in bananas, raisins, citrus fruits, whole grains, liver, and vegetables.
- Vitamin C. This prevents hair loss and successfully promotes hair growth. Good sources of vitamin C are red and green peppers, pineapple, tomatoes, strawberries, and citrus fruits.
- Vitamin D. This works similarly to vitamin C. This cannot be found in food though. Natural early morning sunlight is the main source of vitamin D.
- Vitamin E. This promotes good blood circulation to the scalp that generates nutrients for healthy hair growth. Whole grains, green leafy vegetables, and nuts are great sources of Vitamin E.
It is essential that you include all the nutrients in your daily diet to ensure that you feed your body with the needed vitamins for hair growth. Other natural vitamins to prevent hair loss include other B vitamins such as B6, B12, and B5.
Getting the Most Out of Hair Vitamins
Take note that it is not enough that you just take these vitamins for your hair growth goals. This is true whether you are using over-the-counter vitamins or the natural ones. There are certain things that you have to keep in mind to ensure that you get only the best out of these vitamins for the hair.
For one, it is often not enough to only take these essential vitamins. They must be coupled with a daily dose of exercise and proper hair care regimen. Plus, stress must be evaded as much as possible.
Moreover, it is important for you to take note that the excess of the dosage of these vitamins can have a negative effect on your body. This is especially true for vitamins A, E, and C. Hence, prior to taking the necessary vitamins for hair growth, consult a nutritionist or a doctor to find the necessary dose of vitamins to be taken daily.
If you are suffering from hair loss or even just hair thinning, it is essential for you to take action in time to get rid of the problem. Sooner or later, you will see healthy hair growth once again and redeem your self-esteem and self-confidence.
Have you tried pharmaceutical vitamins for hair growth? Share your experiences in the comments.